What’s Up Weekend 7.19.19
Hey hey, it’s Friday! Are you all sweating through this crazy heat like I am? We’re getting some relief from it here in Minnesota this weekend but I tell you it’s been pretty gross out there! Anyway, sorry to lead off with weather, that’s how we make small talk round these parts! How about instead we talk about the week that was in the What’s Up Weekend post I co-host with my bloggy sisters Charlotte and Lindsay? This is our weekly post where we share the things that we’re grateful for or made us happy. Start that weekend on a positive note, am I right? So let’s just dive on in to the good stuff!
(1) Donuts from one of our favorite spots last weekend. We hadn’t been to Sleepy V’s in Northeast Minneapolis in quite awhile, so we decided to go get some Minis last Sunday. As usual they didn’t disappoint. That one in the bottom right is my favorite, they have it pretty much all the time. Ollie liked the one in the bottom left best. I think he’s starting to come around to chocolate.
(2) Watching Ollie get more and more confident at his swim classes and the improvements he’s made. He’s pretty determined to level up this time.
(3) Backyard hangs with my favorite little dude. It was actually not too warm last Saturday so we had lunch on the deck and it was pretty darn nice.
(4) Air conditioning. It dries me out and sometimes makes me stuffed up, but it’s a God send in this nasty heat! During a storm the other night the power kind of flickered and I was so worried the we’d lose it all together and not have our air conditioning. Thank goodness that didn’t happen!
(5) Forced love with my Pippin girl.
(6) I was the one who made dinner last night so Nate could work on a project in the backyard and he told me it was really good. I take that as high praise from my chef husband!
(7) A rainbow after the storm the other night. I will always and forever be a rainbow chaser.
(8) Winning at bingo the other night. My friend hosts a monthly Lularoe bingo night and I was lucky enough to score a tank top. Perfect timing with the heat!
(9) Ollie experimenting in the kitchen. He so badly wants to cook and come up with his own recipes. Of course he wants to put things together that don’t go together, but last night he kind of created a little drink with some help that wasn’t the worst thing ever – Sprite, raspberries and peaches. Kind of a little spritzer. Add some peach schnapps for the grownups and I think he might be on to something!
(10) Putting together a successful retirement celebration for a long time employee from my department. We had cake, coffee and lemonade and we had a really great turnout. I had a lot of compliments on what a nice party it was too, so that felt good.
And now we’re off to the weekend! It’s an early shift day for me today which means I get to start my weekend even sooner, so no complaints about that. The weekend will be a little busy, I am volunteering at a Twin Cities Moms Blog event tomorrow and we have bee class on Sunday. I plan to enjoy some down time too though, I have a good book calling my name and it sounds like some cooler temperatures heading this way too, so if it’s not raining, maybe some time outside too. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend! As always feel free to link up with the ladies and I below and check out the other posts as well!