January Goals/Mantras and TBB Asks
It’s that time again where I look at the goals from the previous month and set new ones for the coming month! I’m also going to do the TBB Asks link up today too, so it’s all happening! First things first, let’s look at my December goals and how I did.
See lots of Christmas light displays – Didn’t get to as many as I’d hoped, so this one doesn’t get a pass. There’s always next year!
Bake Christmas Cookies – Done! We made lots of good treats this year! Watch A Charlie Brown Christmas with Ollie – Done and then some. We probably viewed it about five times before the season was over! I have zero complaints though. Go on a holiday date with Nate – Yes! We went and had dinner at Pajarito in St. Paul and discovered a fun new arcade over there as well! Finish Christmas shopping -Yes! We finished with time to spare even! Wrap presents– Yes we did, not my favorite part of the holiday but I finished it! Get back on track with reading – Yes! I finished two books in December and I finished another one last night. My reading mojo is back.
I feel pretty good about my December goals. I only missed one thing and it honestly was more of a time issue than anything else. Looking ahead to January my goals are going to be all about getting organized at home and cleaned up from the holidays!
~Clean out my makeup drawer in the bathroom
~Clean out the bathroom closet
~Make dentist appointments for Ollie and for me
~Schedule yearly physical for me
~Look into ideas for taking better iPhone pictures for outfit photos
~Schedule a game night with family friends
~Try out a new cleaning schedule plan
~Go on a family adventure day
There we go. Nothing too crazy, a lot of focus on cleaning as you can see. I found a really neat daily cleaning schedule that I’m going to try implementing this year to try to keep on track of things at home more. So while it’s not a “mantra” I’m still sharing the image.
My other mantra is kind of a joke I found, but it’s still funny to me. I tend to hibernate a lot in the winter and prefer to stay in and read or watch movies and binge watch shows and I’ve decided I’m not going to feel guilty about it! So, here’s my mantra for the month.
That’s right. JOMO people. I’m not going to feel guilty about being a hermit! Ha! And this segues well into the topic for The Blended Blog Asks! This month is all about entertainment!
(1) Book you have read multiple times: Summer Sisters by Judy Blume, The Gift by Danielle Steel, My Sisters Keeper by Jodi Picoult.
(2) Favorite Book/Author of all time? Favorite book of all time is definitely Summer Sisters. I’m not sure if I have a number one favorite author at this point. Too many good ones out there!
(3) Favorite TV show to binge? Friends, Parks and Rec, The Office, Corner Gas, Always Sunny
(4) Favorite new-ish TV show? Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
(5) Favorite movie of all time? I can’t pick one! Punch Drunk Love, anything by Wes Anderson, The Muppet Movie, Forrest Gump, Empire Records, Dirty Dancing, Finding Nemo, Lost in Translation, I could keep going but we’d be here all day.
(6) Movie you are looking forward to watching? Mary Poppins Returns, Toy Story 4, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, The Lion King
(7) First Concert you attended? Sharon, Lois and Braham of Nickelodeon’s The Elephant Show as a kid. Amy Grant when I was a pre-teen.
(8) Ultimate Concert? I’d love to see Josh Groban and Sarah McLachlan do a concert together.
(9) Favorite Music Artist/Band? Josh Groban, Of Monsters and Men, Goo Goo Dolls, Brandi Carlile, Neko Case
(10) How do you listen (streaming, CDs, vinyl)? I do a combination of streaming and CDs.
Onward to hibernating and reading and cleaning and all those things that winter makes us want to do! If you have monthly goal posts you’d like to share with our Peaceful Posse link up, feel free to add them below!
Linking up with The Blended Blog and The Peaceful Posse