The Blended Blog Asks: Holidays
I’m a day late as usual for The Blended Blog link up, but I didn’t want to miss out on the fun, this month is all about the holidays! I love Christmas and I’m really in the spirit of everything this year, so I’m excited to answer these questions!
(1) Candy Canes, Yes or No? I’m ok with maybe one or two, but they aren’t my favorite. I enjoy them in some baked goodies though!
(2) Christmas morning: Early riser or sleep in? We have been getting up early the last few years so I could sing with my choir at the early Christmas Mass but this year I decided to take a break from the choir. Ollie is only little once and I want to have the full Christmas morning experience with him. So we’ll go to church on Christmas Eve and sleep until we wake up Christmas morning. Chances are it won’t be “sleeping in” but I still like not having to set an alarm.
(3) Did you shop on Black Friday, yes or no? If you count the fact that we got a Black Friday deal about five days early, then yes. And I guess my girlfriends and I did stop at Rewind in Minneapolis after we went wine tasting and they had a 20% off sale that day, so I did a small amount. So I guess we can say yes overall.
(4) Christmas tree up in November? Yes or no? Yes, but not until Thanksgiving weekend.
(5) Do you get holiday ideas from Pinterest? Yes or no? I get pretty much all my ideas from Pinterest. Do I use all of them? Not necessarily, but I get a lot of ideas from Pinterest!
(6) Christmas Glam or Ugly Sweater? Depends on the occasion. I have an awesome Santa riding a Unicorn sweatshirt that probably counts as “ugly”. I appreciate a reason to get dressed up too though.
(7) Stocking Stuffers: Wrapped or unwrapped? We pretty much go unwrapped. My mom has sometimes wrapped the ones at her house though.
(8) Traditional or modern Christmas songs? I like a good mix of both. You can’t have Christmas without Bing Crosby, but there are some really good newer songs out there – Sufjan Stevens, Josh Groban, Sia, Ingrid Michelson to name a few.
(9) Fruitcake, yes or no? NO. Just say no. I don’t know, it scares me just in how much the thing weighs.
(10) Is your Christmas shopping finished? Bwhahahaha! Right. Not even close. I do have a decent start on it though!
(11) Is there snow in December where you live? Yes. In Minnesota I think they said 9/10 Christmases we’ll have snow. We have had brown Christmases too, but right now we have snow, so I’m hoping it stays.
(12) Classic show: A Charlie Brown Christmas or Rudolph? For me it’s no contest. Charlie Brown. Always and forever. Sorry Rudolph.