The Blended Blog Asks – Giving Thanks
I am loving the theme for The Blended Blog asks this month, talking about thankfulness and Thanksgiving! I love Thanksgiving so I am all over this. Here are my answers to their questions this month!
(1) Have you ever kept a gratitude journal? Yes I have. I haven’t done it recently though, however on Instagram this month I’m doing a 30 days of thankfulness. And I always celebrate what I’m grateful for each week right here on this blog in my What’s Up Weekend posts!
(2) Hosting Thanksgiving at your house? Yes! We claimed Thanksgiving from Nate’s parents a couple of years ago since Nate always smokes us a turkey. It’s also a lot easier with Ollie, if we’re up a bit late, we’re already home and he can go to bed.
(3) Favorite food from the Thanksgiving meal? SO hard. We make a mean green bean casserole though. Fresh green beans and we make kind of a creamy sauce and fresh caramelized onions on top. YUM.
(4) What one thing in Nature are you most grateful for? The changing leaves. We didn’t have the most vibrant colors for Fall this year, but the ones I saw still made me happy!
(5) Pumpkin Pie? Nope. I just can’t do it. I like pumpkin breads, but not pie. Give me all the apple or pecan pie though!
(6) Traditional Cookbook? We’ve gone off book for a number of recipes, but I love my big red Betty Crocker cookbook for many things.
(7) Oven baked or deep fried turkey? Neither, we smoke our bird in Nate’s meat smoker. YUM.
(8) Thanksgiving leftovers? YES PLEASE.
(9) What is one household product you are most grateful for? Hmm, my Glade plugin that I can put fun seasonal scents in like apple cinnamon.
(10) Are you most grateful for home cooked meals or restaurant meals? I do love going out to eat, but I’m eternally grateful for home cooked meals and my awesome husband who cooks them all for us. He’s a fantastic cook and I am VERY grateful.
Do you like Thanksgiving? What are your favorites about this time of year?
Linking up with The Blended Blog