What’s Up Weekend 1.12.18
Happy Friday everyone! Welcome to a little ditty we like to call What’s Up Weekend – hosted by myself and my bloggy sisters Charlotte and Lindsay. It’s the place we look back at the week and the things that we’re grateful for or made us happy. I love ending the week on a positive note and setting the tone for the weekend! So, let’s look back at what made me happy this week!
(1) This amazeballs jacket from my favorite Lula dealer. I was going to purchase a different one and then she said, wait, I have this other option and I thought of you. I saw the unicorns and it was a done deal. And yes, I have two other denim jackets, but unicorns. And this denim is SO soft. I will warn you the LLR jackets are rather spendy but I think it will be worth every penny because I will be wearing this all the time.
(2) Glow on Netflix. We just binged the entire season and I enjoyed it a lot. If you love 1980s stuff and a little bit of girl drama, it’s a good show. Nate even enjoyed it, so it’s not too girly.
(3) This sweet puppy Ellie at the B&B from this weekend. She is the nicest dog, she just wants to sit by you and be petted and loved. And she likes to play too. She would not sit still for me to take a picture though, so this was the best I got.
(4) A relaxing warm bath. I’m trying to treat myself to a good bath at least once a week – this week I actually got TWO though. One at the B&B and one at home. It felt so good. Self care. Nourish.
(5) Generous friends. When I was picking up my LLR jacket from my friend, her husband mentioned that they had a storage caddy holder they were looking to get rid of and wondered if we wanted it for Ollie. It has a lot of pink because they have daughters but who cares what color something is when it’s free? And also, boys can like pink.(#feministmom). Anyway, we set it up by Ollie’s table and filled it up with some of his art supplies and miscellaneous toys and it has really helped clean up our living room and helped define his play space a bit more. I love it.
(6) Lunch at the Draft Horse in NE Minneapolis before we left town last Saturday. It is such a great spot for lunch and they have the BEST French Onion Soup I have ever had. Perfection on a cold day.
(7) Ollie’s first tumbling class last Saturday. We signed him up for a few reasons. One, it will get him moving more through the winter and two, it will help his gross motor skills develop a bit more as well. And Nate remembers going as a kid and loving it so we thought we’d give it a try. He is loving it so far. Watching his class I wished we could go jump in too! I’ll have more thoughts on this as we get through a few more classes!
(8) A few warmer days this week. We’ve been plunged back into the tundra today, but earlier this week we had some highs in the 30s and 40s and it felt amazing! It’s nice to walk outside and not feel like your nostrils are going to freeze shut. Sadly we’re back to very cold territory, but it’s a good excuse to stay inside and snuggle.
(9) I finally tried out the electronic download feature through the library to get a book on my Amazon Fire and I tell you, I don’t know what I was waiting for. This is a game changer for me!!
(10) Working for City government – I get a bonus day off thanks to MLK day, so I’m about to embark on a three day weekend! Woo hoo!!
Looking ahead to my three day weekend we have a few things going on. I’m meeting some friends for dinner tonight. We have tumbling tomorrow. Monday I’m taking Ollie to the Mall of America and meeting up with Jen and her girls. Other than that our plans involve staying warm, maybe doing some baking and just relaxing a bit!
Please feel free to link up with us below and be sure to check out the other posts as well. Have a great weekend!