What’s Up Weekend 1.5.18
Hello and welcome to the first What’s up Weekend of 2018! If you’re new around here, this is a weekly link up I host with my fellow admins from The Peaceful Posse Facebook group, Charlotte and Lindsay. It’s a way to inject some positivity at the end of the week and look back at the things you were grateful for or have made you happy. I love ending my week with a smile! So let’s dive in.
(1) Twinning with my mini-me. He might not understand what the sweatshirt is all about, but he loves matching mama!
(2) Selling stuff to Once Upon a Child and Style Encore. Right after Christmas I had the bug to go through mine and Ollie’s clothes and I’m glad I did, we made a nice little amount of money!
(3) A “bank error in my favor” as Nate called it. He went to get us coffee at Caribou on New Year’s Day and they messed up the order a little bit, but let us keep the coffee that wasn’t quite right. So I was double fisting it with my coffee. And messy hair don’t care.
(4) The Mother by Brandi Carlile. I have been a Brandi fan forever, but just found this amazingly sweet video of a new song of hers that she wrote for her daughter and oh stab my momma heart. It’s simply beautiful.
(5) A delicious date night meal the other night. Nate made one of our favorites, pasta a la norcina, and it was just the perfect meal for a very cold winter night!
(6) The Orville. I am so not a sci-fi type girl and I was never into Star Trek or any show like that, but we’ve been watching The Orville and I really enjoy it. Seth McFarlane has made an average joe sci-fi show. There’s just enough nerdy stuff to keep someone like Nate interested, but there’s enough humor and even silly relationship type stuff to keep me interested.
(7) I finally got a donut today! I have been missing out on donut Fridays because of covering Public Works for the last several Fridays. I was pretty darn happy to have one today!
(8) Trying out a new brewery last Saturday. It was crazy busy though, so I don’t know that we’ll be back soon, but Venn Brewing in Minneapolis is a pretty neat spot. And they have a fox in their logo and you know how I feel about foxes! I had to get a shirt and a glass.
(9) Routine. I have to admit while I love the holidays and time off and all that jazz, there’s something about being back into normal routines that feels pretty good.
(10) This community. SO MUCH LOVE for all of you and your support of my new blog launch this week. I appreciate your kind words and positive feedback so much! Thank you for sticking with me in the transition. I can’t wait to grow this space even more. Thank you, thank you, all the heart eyes for all of you.
And that’s where we’re at! This weekend Nate and I are doing our annual “adulting” retreat where we talk about money, goals for the year and all that jazz. But I look forward to it because we have great conversations and we really connect with each other. And we get a couple of nice kid free meals which is always a good thing too. I’ll share more about it next week! I hope you all have a great weekend! Feel free to link up with us below or check out the other posts!