What’s Up Weekend 12.23.17
It’s Friday and it’s almost Christmas! I can’t believe how fast it has come! It’s the time of the week where I join my girls Charlotte and Lindsay and reflect on the week and the good things in What’s Up Weekend. So let’s look back at what made me happy this week.
(1) Christmas shopping is DONE. I still can’t believe it. I’m insanely excited to give everyone their gifts. I love giving presents just as much as I love receiving them!
(2) Watching my kiddo’s holiday program last Friday night. I know I shared about it on Monday, but seriously, the kids were just so cute.
(3) Christmas episodes of Friends. I think I’ve streamed them all now. My favorite is the one with the Holiday Armadillo.
(4) This little creeper trying to steal Nate’s food the other night. She’s getting bold in her old age!
(5) My internet friends – I looked at my Christmas card wall last night and almost half of the cards I received are from my wonderful friends I’ve met here. I love this community!
(6) Christmas cookies. I brought a cookie tray to work this week that was well received. And I’ve been sneaking some of my own goodies here and there too.
(7) Snuggling under all the blankets. I might not love cold weather, but I do love cozy blankets! And so do my cats.
(8) Ollie’s humor. He was hanging with my dad while my mom and I had choir the other night and they were writing letters on a chalkboard and talking about what words start with each one. When my dad asked him what starts with “G” Ollie said “Goyal.” And my dad said “that’s not a real word” and Ollie said “Yeah, but it starts with G!” He kills me.
(9) The remote start on my car. It makes a world of difference on these cold days!!
(10) My handsome and supportive husband. He does so much for me and Ollie and sometimes I forget to not just take that for granted. He’s the best.
And that brings us to today. I have the early shift today and then I’ll be able to start my holiday weekend! I think we’ll lay low a little bit as Ollie has a bit of a cold, but I’m looking forward to celebrating the holiday with our families. We’ll be with Nate’s family on Christmas Eve and mine on Christmas Day. I’m pretty excited for it all! I wish all of you and your families a very Merry Christmas! Stay safe and have fun! Feel free to link up with us below and be sure to check out the other posts!