Tuesday Topics – Things I Love About Where I Live
I’m pretty excited about this week’s choice for Tuesday Topics with Quirky Pickings – Five things I love about where I live. You all know I’m a Minnesota girl and I love my state SO much. I honestly couldn’t imagine living anywhere else. Here are my top five reasons that I love Minnesota so much. Who knows, maybe I’ll convince you to come visit!!
(1) The Changing Seasons. I don’t mind living somewhere that has all four seasons. I don’t necessarily love winter, but I have to admit I like snow at Christmas time. I love Fall and all of our colors. I love the newness of everything in spring. And I love summer days that are just a little warm and lead to nice cool summer nights. It’s never boring. And one of our pastimes here is to pretty much talk about the weather non stop, but I like the variety of our seasons no matter what.
(2) The Beer Industry. The beer scene has exploded here over the last several years. I love that we have so many taprooms and brewpubs super close to home. They often have food trucks, most of them are kid friendly and again, it gives us a variety of places to hang out and different beers to try.
(3) Northern Minnesota. My favorite places are Itasca State Park and Duluth. Both places are so beautiful, give me such peace when I’m there and are great destinations you can reach within 2-4 hours, but feel like you’re getting away from the bustle of the city. Honestly any northern MN city on a lake is a great place to be, but Itasca and Duluth are my favorites.
(4) The Minnesota State Fair. I’m pretty sure you’ve gathered by now what a huge fan I am of the Fair. It’s one of the things I look forward to the most each year aside from the holidays and birthdays. And it’s funny, I’m not usually one for crowds, but I don’t mind the Fair for some reason.
(5) There is so much to do here. We have tons of museums, parks, theatres and great places to eat. There is always something going on somewhere. If you come to Minnesota and you’re bored, well, then I can’t help you!
I will say the only one thing I don’t love about Minnesota especially this summer – Road Construction. UGH. It’s everywhere right now (thank you 2018 Super Bowl) and I swear it might be better if MNDot just told us the roads we CAN drive on instead of the ones we CAN’T. Then again, road construction might be Ollie’s favorite part of living in Minnesota. He loves all the signs.
Tell me, where do you live and do you love it as much as I love my home?
Linking up with Quirky Pickings