What’s Up Weekend 4.21.17
Whew it has been a week. It was much better work wise, personal wise we had some slight bumps but everything is all good now. And as it’s my new tradition, I’m here to share my favorite things of the week in What’s Up Weekend with my peeps from the Peaceful Posse.
(1) Watching Hidden Figures for a second time. It is finally available to rent on Amazon (if you haven’t seen it, stream it this weekend, you won’t regret!) and since Nate hadn’t seen it yet we watched it on Saturday. I still felt so uplifted and empowered after seeing it a second time. So. Good.
(2) Playing with bubbles on the front steps with Ollie. He got a bubble wand and a bubble gun in his Easter goodie bag from my parents and the bubble gun is super fun!
(3) Having fun at our friend’s birthday party last Saturday. We got to check out the Works Museum in Bloomington, MN and Ollie had a blast. We can’t wait to go back sometime soon.
(4) Speaking of museums, I got a chance to go on a Hard Hat Tour with some other Play Advocates at the MN Children’s Museum yesterday and it’s going to be amazing when it opens up in June. The new exhibits are so innovative and fun, they really thought of every detail possible and the improvements they’ve made from the old museum are going to just enhance the overall experience. It’s so exciting to see and I’ll be sharing more soon!
(5) Visiting the library with Ollie. We brought home a ton of books, so many in fact that Nate was like, don’t they have a limit on how many books you can check out? I had a hard time saying no when he asked “can we bring this one home? How about this one?” I did get my book club book too, but the rest was all for Ollie!
(6) Stopping at the thrift store on the way home one day this week. I wanted a different purple shirt to wear today to honor Prince and wanted to keep my budget intact, so thrifting was the way to go. Not only did I find a shirt, I also found a cute pair of shoes. And Ollie got a little baggie full of cars. Total win.
(7) Pizza and beer. Is there really a better combination in all of the world? I think not.
(8) Bob The Unicorn. It’s a book we got Ollie from the Easter Bunny in his basket and it came with a stuffed Bob too. Bob is an elephant who dresses as a Unicorn, but none of his friends understand. The book ends on a positive note though and is just really sweet. And this Unicorn mama loves that Ollie loves the book and he’s taking a shine to the stuffed Bob too and is even taking him to bed at night. Too sweet.
(9) Sunshine out my window today. It rained most of the week which was just miserable and awful, but today there is sun. And it sounds like all weekend there will be sun. Bring on the green grass and flowers!
(10) Coffee. Nectar of the Gods. The magic juice that makes Bethie into an actual human. Not much more needs to be said about that, right?
There’s my happy list this week! Looking ahead to this weekend we have another Easter celebration with Nate’s extended family. It’ll be fun to see everyone and especially for Ollie to get a chance to play with his cousins. And hopefully some time outside with the nice weather! I hope you all have a great weekend, thank you for stopping by and sharing in my life!