The Circle – 2016 Vision Board
I’m linking up with In It’s Time for The Circle today and the theme was chosen by a friend of mine, Shea of Shea Lennon. She suggested making a vision board for your 2016 hopes, goals, inspirations, etc. I have discussed some of that on the blog already, but I thought I’d make a little vision board and I really had a lot of fun making it. Without further ado, here it is!
1. Word of the year – I’ve already shared a great deal about my word of the year, but what I wanted to share was a neat way I’m going to remind myself of my word every day. I was inspired by my dear Jen to get a bracelet to wear that says the word on it. While I wasn’t able to find one that said just “present” I did find one that said “be present” and I think that it definitely embodies what I’m attempting to do with my word of the year. It’ll be nice to have that reminder with me every day.
2. Travel – this goal will happen because it’s already planned! I’ve mentioned it a few times already; we’re going to Jamaica for our tenth wedding anniversary. Our anniversary is in May, but we’re traveling in early April. And yes, we are bringing Oliver; I can’t bear the thought of leaving him for a whole week. We had a good trial run of what flying is like this past weekend visiting Nate’s grandmother in St. Louis for her 90th birthday. I’ll have more about that trip on the blog later this week.
3. Books – I mentioned in my Currently post for this month that I need to get back into reading in the worst way. I saw the neatest idea on my friend Cara’s blog about a reading list for the year and I’m thinking of giving it a try. If this doesn’t work I don’t know what will!
4. Hobbies – I wouldn’t say I’m aspiring to learn new hobbies as much I’m hoping to re-kindle a few older ones. I have already mentioned in earlier posts that I would like to get back into baking cupcakes. I also need to get back to scrapbooking, I started Ollie’s baby book about a year ago and haven’t done much with it since!
5. Other goals – We’re not in a rush, but since Ollie will be turning three by the end of the year, we’d like to start potty training, thinking we’ll start this summer (he can run around outside and who cares about accidents right?) We’d like to work on saving more money for future goals. And I’d like to go to more shows, events, concerts, etc. I’d also like to try one new restaurant a month. That seems ambitious, but I got Nate this thing called a Pub Pass for Christmas that gets him one free beer at a variety of restaurants, many of which we haven’t tried before, so I think this is a goal we should work on. And I’d like us to be healthy, happy and most of all, be able to spend as much time as a family as possible. He’s only little for so long, so I want to make sure we’re soaking up all of if that we can!
Again, I always say I don’t make resolutions, I really prefer goals. I like having something to strive for, but I don’t feel bad if things don’t happen the way I plan them. I really do think that many of these are attainable though! Do you have any big goals for 2016? Be sure to visit In It’s Time for other Circle posts from other bloggers!